Strawberry Crumble Bars
• ½ cup white sugar
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ½ cup (8 Tablespoons) very cold butter (1 stick butter)
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2 cups fresh strawberries
• ⅓ cup white sugar
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 8×8 baking pan with baking spray set aside.
2. Chop the strawberries and set aside.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together ½ cup white sugar, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. In a measuring cup or small bowl, beat an egg with a fork. Add the egg and vanilla to the flour mixture. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mixture. (Make sure the butter is very cold.) Work with the dough until the pieces are very small. Dough will be crumbly. Pat half of the dough evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
5. In another bowl, stir together ⅓ cup sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the strawberries. Spoon the strawberry mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
6. Crumble the remaining dough over the strawberry filling layer.
7. Bake in a preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly golden brown.
8. Cool completely before cutting into squares. I recommend refrigerating until ready to serve.
This is a great summer time dessert. They are super easy to make and with the fresh strawberries we just picked from our local farm nothing can top this!
Recipe Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLjM94G2JB8gk9zC7ccPFpM15wo3NQygMw
More Dessert Recipes:
Blueberry Muffins with Lemon-Cream Cheese Glaze: https://youtu.be/OG_TO0AV5aA
No Bake Chocolate Lasagna: https://youtu.be/cEAGyR1HsWA
Blueberry Crumble Bars: https://youtu.be/QMRFYyHfI44
Spritz Cookies: https://youtu.be/TMoNxT4mBr8
Peanut Butter Reese’s Pieces Cookies: https://youtu.be/w_zfJFIB398
Sugar Cookie Cheesecake: https://youtu.be/K88KAiWmd9c